There are many benefits to making sure your home is air tight. Here’s why you should prevent air leaks in your home.
- Energy efficiency:
- When your home is sealed correctly, it reduces the amount of conditioned air (heated or cooled) that escapes.
- This means your HVAC system doesn’t have to work as hard to maintain a comfortable temperature.
- This can result in lower energy bills and reduced energy consumption.
- According to the EPA – homeowners can save an average of 15% on heating and cooling costs by air sealing their homes.
- Better Indoor Quality:
- Air sealing can also help prevent the entry of outdoor pollutants, allergens, and dust into your home.
- This can lead to improved indoor air quality, which is essential for the health and well-being of your family.
- Moisture Control:
- Proper air sealing can help prevent moisture infiltration, leading to mold and mildew growth.
- Extended HVAC lifespan:
- Since your heating and cooling systems won’t have to run as frequently or as hard when your home is well-sealed, it can extend the lifespan of your HVAC equipment.
- This reduces the maintenance costs and the need for early replacements.
- Overall Cost Savings:
- While there may be upfront costs associated with air sealing, the long-term savings on energy bills and reduced maintenance costs can make it a cost-effective investment over time.
To reap these benefits, it’s essential to identify and seal air leaks in your home, which may involve caulking, weatherstripping, and addressing other areas of vulnerability.
Action Air has provided heating, cooling, sales, and service since 1979 and proudly serves customers in Montgomery, Stewart, Robertson, Dickson, Houston, and Cheatham counties in Tennessee and Christian, Todd, and Logan counties in Kentucky. We have certified, NON-COMMISSIONED service technicians, qualified installers, and a knowledgeable sales staff. We can help you with your heating and cooling needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
When you need action, call Action Air (931) 647-8525.