Some dishonest companies will try to take advantage of a homeowner’s lack of HVAC knowledge. Here are some tips from Action Air to weed out the scammers.
Do your research
- Look for reviews and business ratings of area companies.
- Are their technicians certified?
- Check their website.
- Is it professional looking?
- Do they list contact information?
- What about a Better Business Bureau rating?
- Action Air has an A+ BBB rating
- Any experienced and qualified technician will take the time to educate their customer about any repair needs.
- An honest salesperson will be able to explain how certain products will help you specifically and not sell you something you don’t need.
Get a second opinion
- If you think the price is too high or you think you may not need all the repairs that the technician is suggesting, you can always get a second opinion.
At Action Air, we give free second opinions!
Never buy used parts
- If the technician says, “Oh, I have one of those on my truck”, be wary of him using a used part. Used parts wear out faster and could damage your system.
Look at the technician’s vehicle
- Unless you see a marked van or truck with the company logo, it’s probably not legit. Nearly all honest companies use marked vehicles.
We hope these tips will keep you from being scammed, but the best way is to trust Action Air. We’ve been providing heating, cooling, sales, and service since 1979. We have certified service technicians, qualified installers, knowledgeable sales staff, and our technician’s vehicles are marked with the Action Air logo.
And as always, when you need action, call Action Air (931) 647-8525.