Summertime is a great season to save on energy bills! The right thermostat temperature can have a big effect on your comfort level and how much you spend.
Lower energy bills
- According to Energy.gov, adjusting your thermostat up or down depending on the season can save as much as 10% annually on cooling costs.
Keeping your family comfortable
- The optimal temperature for energy savings and comfort is 78º.
- Keeping your house at 80º or higher will make it humid and force your A/C system to work harder.
- Settings lower than 72º can overwork you A/C and cause it to freeze up.
Improved air quality
- The right temperature setting can help improve air quality within your home, as it helps keep dust and allergens from circulating.
The ideal temperature for your bedroom
- According to the National Sleep Foundation, the best temperature for sleeping is 65º.
- Our body temperature decreases at night, so a lower thermostat temp. is actually better for sleeping.
Storage areas and walk-in closets
- Make sure these rooms stay cool enough to preserve sensitive contents such as photos, important documents, and keepsake clothing that can be damaged by mildew and condensation. Keep at no warmer than 80º.
Indoor temperature for pets
- If you turn the thermostat up when you leave the house during the day, just remember that animals with heavy fur coats can heat up quickly.
- 80º is the maximum safe temp. for pets left in the house.
Action Air has provided heating, cooling, sales, and service since 1979 and proudly serves customers in Montgomery, Stewart, Robertson, Dickson, Houston, and Cheatham counties in Tennessee and Christian, Todd, and Logan counties in Kentucky. We have certified, NON-COMMISSIONED service technicians, qualified installers, and a knowledgeable sales staff. We can help you with your heating and cooling needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
When you need action, call Action Air (931) 647-8525.