Action Air explains a few of the most common commercial HVAC problems they run into
Commercial HVAC problems can impact productivity levels, safety, and energy bills. Here are some common problems to be aware of.
- Dirty and worn filters force your AC to work harder, which increases energy costs and reduces the life of your equipment.
- New filters will improve your building’s IAQ and keep dust and other allergens away.
- Your system can’t do its job if it doesn’t have enough refrigerant.
- Refrigerants are liquid agents that make air conditioning possible.
- These are contained within the coils of the HVAC system and cool and dehumidify indoor air.
- Read more about commercial refrigeration here.
- Your thermostat regulates the time and amount of heating and cooling your unit should produce.
- When your thermostat malfunctions, your building can suffer from intermittent temperature fluctuations.
- Don’t jump to the conclusion that your HVAC system isn’t working properly until you’ve checked the thermostat functionality.
Lack of maintenance
- When you don’t have regular maintenance performed, minor problems become major repair expenses.
- Regular maintenance can prevent most problems because the technicians can identify and correct issues that prevent your equipment from working properly.
A preventative maintenance program is critical to ensuring your system functions properly and efficiently. However, even the most well-maintained commercial equipment will need to be repaired from time to time, particularly if you experience any of the following
- Odors or poor indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Strange sounds
- Uneven heating and cooling throughout the building
- Loss of system efficiency
- A rise in heating and cooling costs
Action Air is here to help prevent any issues so schedule your maintenance check-up to avoid these common commercial HVAC problems now!
Action Air has been providing heating, cooling, sales, and service since 1979. We have certified service technicians, qualified installers, and a knowledgeable sales staff. We can help you with your heating and cooling needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When you need action, call Action Air (931) 647-8525.