Action Air wants you to know the air pollutants to look for and what to do about them to improve your home’s air quality.
- Dust – includes pet dander, dead skin, food debris, and more.
- Lint – clothes dryer vents get clogged and can spew lint back into your home.
- Mold and mildew – these microscopic spores compromise air quality and can cause respiratory issues.
- Animal droppings – pests, rodents, and bird droppings around your home can get into your HVAC vents and spread throughout your home.
- Smoke – Tobacco, secondhand smoke, and even smoke from wildfires can seep through doors and windows.
- Pollen – from trees, grass, and other plants can easily make their way into your home.
What you can do to improve your indoor air quality
- Change your air filters – Action Air suggests changing your filters every 60 – 90 days.
- Check your ducts – Call Action Air to have your air ducts cleaned or replaced professionally.
- iWave air purifier – provides the most effective air purification method. Read more about iWave Air Purifiers.
- UV lights – Ultraviolet-C technology has been utilized in air cleaners and heating and cooling systems since the mid-1990s for improving indoor air quality.
- Get some house plants – Clean Air Studies have found that peace lilies, ferns, Devil’s ivy, and spider plants are among the best at removing chemicals like formaldehyde and carbon monoxide from the air.
Call Action Air to schedule a professional check-up of your HVAC unit today.
When it comes to any of your air conditioning or heating needs the choice is simple. Shop locally and remember family-owned Action Air.
Action Air has been providing heating, cooling, sales, and service since 1979. We have certified service technicians, qualified installers, and knowledgeable sales staff. We can help you with your heating and cooling needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When you need action, call Action Air (931) 647-8525.