Action Air reminds you that cooling costs can account for half or more of your power bill – which means a doubling in summer months. Here are some tips to reduce your usage.
- Checkup: First and foremost, give your air conditioner a checkup. Action Air provides preventative maintenance for your unit. Or a replacement. This one is perhaps the easiest one on the list, and most important. If your air conditioner is more than ten years old, it may be time for a new one, which could save lots of energy. Check out the many financial options at Action Air.
- Ceiling fans: Use fans to help your A/C. Ceiling fans may be low-tech, but they work wonders. A ceiling fan can cut back on air conditioning needs, saving up to 40% on electricity. Make sure your ceiling fan has angled blades and that the air is pushed downward at you.
- Windows: Open your windows, especially at night. There is a very simple cooling technique – cross ventilation. Like fans, opening two or more windows in a room or house will help circulate air, and at night can bring in the cooler outside air to replace the overheated indoor air.
- Blinds: Your air conditioning works the hardest in sunny rooms that heat up like a greenhouse. Simple solution: install venetian blinds, light-colored curtains, or any other device to keep sunlight from entering your home.
- Outdoor meal prep: Cook outside on the grill or eat chilled dishes to avoid making your A/C work hard in the dining area. The microwave is also a better option than the stove top.
Following these tips should save you some money on your electric bill. When you’re ready for your maintenance check up or replacement give us a call at (931) 647-8525. or click here to make an appointment.
Action Air has provided the Clarksville area with heating, cooling, sales and service since 1979. We have certified service technicians, qualified installers and a knowledgeable sales staff. When You Need Action, Call Action Air!