Winterizing your HVAC system ensures optimal performance during the colder months. Here are some tips to help you prepare your HVAC system for winter weather:
Change Air Filters
- Replace or regularly clean your HVAC system’s air filters. Dirty filters can restrict airflow and reduce the system’s efficiency.
- Make sure all vents and registers are clean and unobstructed. This helps maintain proper airflow and ensures consistent heating throughout your home.
Protect the Outdoor Unit
- If you have an outdoor HVAC unit, clean and remove any debris around it. Consider covering the unit with a waterproof cover to protect it from winter weather.
Turn Down the Heat When You Need it Least
- To achieve the most savings, Energy Saver suggests setting your thermostat to 68 degrees Fahrenheit when you’re home, then lowering the temperature 10-12 degrees at night (when your comforter is keeping you warm) or during the day when you’re away—no sense heating an empty house.
Schedule a Professional Inspection Before Winter Weather Hits
- Have a qualified HVAC service company like Action Air thoroughly inspect your system. We can identify and address any potential issues before they become major problems.
By taking these steps, you can ensure that your HVAC system is in good working condition and ready to handle the demands of winter. Regular maintenance can also extend the lifespan of your equipment and reduce energy costs.
Action Air Conditioning has provided heating, cooling, sales, and service since 1979 and proudly serves customers in Montgomery, Stewart, Robertson, Dickson, Houston, and Cheatham counties in Tennessee and Christian, Todd, and Logan counties in Kentucky. We have certified, NON-COMMISSIONED service technicians, qualified installers, and a knowledgeable sales staff. We can help you with your heating and cooling needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
When you need action, call Action Air (931) 647-8525.