Action Air wants you to be aware of what causes leaky ductwork and how it can affect your utility bills
Leaky ducts impact your HVAC performance
Your HVAC unit relies on a system of ductwork to get heated or cooled air to various rooms in your home. If there is a leak in your ductwork, it can either rob your air conditioner of energy by forcing it to work harder. This raises both your monthly utility bills and your chances of a more serious problem later on.
Ductwork systems are usually not visible because they are located in attics, behind walls, or out-of-the-way locations. Because they are not visible, it might be hard to detect any leakage.
Here’s what to look for:
- Hot or cold spots in your house.
- Strange noises like whistling, banging, or a hissing sound.
- If you notice one or more of your vents has a decline in airflow.
- Higher energy bills.
- These could be caused by the loss of efficiency generated by the ductwork leak.
- Warm air coming from vents during the summer months.
- If you notice warmer air is coming from all the vents, this could be a problem in the HVAC system itself. In that case, you’ll need to call Action Air immediately.
How leaky ductwork happens
- During construction or remodeling of your home, some ductwork could be damaged unknowingly.
- Rodents could be getting into your attic and scratching up the ductwork.
- Of course, damage may occur from general wear and tear over the years.
If you notice any of these problems or if your HVAC unit is over 10 years old, you need to call Action Air for a complete ductwork inspection. Set up a free estimate today!
And don’t forget to always protect your investment with preventative maintenance from Action Air.
Action Air has been providing heating, cooling, sales, and service since 1979. We have certified service technicians, qualified installers, and knowledgeable sales staff. When you need action, call Action Air (931) 647-8525.