Action Air has some basic tips for maintaining your HVAC and saving on your energy bills
There are 4 basic tips for maintaining your HVAC unit:
- Change your filters once a month
- A dirty filter can increase energy costs and damage your equipment, leading to early failure.
- Clean the coils
- The U.S. Department of energy says that “a dirty condenser coil can increase energy consumption by 30%
- Schedule seasonal HVAC maintenance
- Research shows that keeping your system clean and running effectively can save you over 20% on your cooling costs
- Consider replacing your AC unit if older than 10 years
- There have been many improvements in HVAC systems over the years that save energy and cost less to operate. It might be to your advantage to go ahead and replace an older unit now.
Other tips to think about that can help you save on your energy bill include:
- Cleaning your ductwork for maximum airflow.
- Checking the caulking around windows. Recaulk if needed.
- Closing your drapes during the day.
- Using your exhaust fan in kitchen and bath while cooking or bathing but turn them off within 20 minutes of use.
- Use a fan. Ceiling fans allow you to raise the thermostat setting about 4 degrees without impacting your comfort.
- Consider using your outdoor grill for cooking instead of your stove.
If you want to learn more about air conditioning and get more cooling tips, Energy.gov has some great information.
We have a lot of solutions for improving the comfort of your home, whether in the summer or winter. Give Action Air a call today to schedule an appointment.
Action Air has provided the Clarksville area with heating, cooling, sales, and service since 1979. We have certified service technicians, qualified installers and a knowledgeable sales staff. When You Need Action, Call Action Air!