Action Air says, If your A/C unit is making a funny noise, it might be something serious. Here are some common noises you might encounter.
- A banging noise indicates a problem with the compressor.
- It’s not uncommon for parts to become loose inside the compressor over time.
- If your air conditioner is producing a banging sound, call Action Air to receive assistance with this problem.
- This is the most common sound from a malfunctioning fan motor.
- The central air conditioning system connected to your home features a fan designed to remove heat from the refrigerant.
- It may also be caused by a broken motor in the compressor or the condenser system.
- If you hear a screeching sound coming from the HVAC system, deactivate the system and call Action Air.
- If you’re hearing a humming sound, it might be due to a defective contactor relay switch.
- This component is designed to start the outdoor condenser unit when it receives a signal from your thermostat.
- DO NOT ignore any electrical issues with your system. This could cause extensive repairs. Call Action Air.
- A buzzing sound from your a/c unit may signal a loose or unbalanced fan blade in your outdoor condenser unit.
- It can also be caused by:
- Faulty outdoor fan motor
- Dirty condenser coils
- Loose components
- Obstruction near the copper lines.
- The most severe issue might be a problem with a refrigerant leak.
- DO NOT ignore a buzzing sound. Call Action Air.
If you hear any type of noise coming from your HVAC system, give Action Air a call at (931) 647-8525 or schedule an appointment here.
If you have any A/C system problems, now is the time to call Action Air for a complete check-up.
Action Air has provided heating, cooling, sales, and service since 1979. We have certified, NON-COMMISSIONED service technicians, qualified installers, and a knowledgeable sales staff. We can help you with your heating and cooling needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When you need action, call Action Air (931) 647-8525.