The last thing you need is a surprise air conditioning repair right before the summer. While all systems require repairs from time to time, many are preventable. Here are the most common air conditioning problems Action Air encounters every spring and what you can do to avoid them
- The most common no-cool call is for a tripped breaker.
- If your air goes out, try resetting your breaker before you call us.
- It shouldn’t trip again after that, but if it does, it could mean a more serious problem.
- Dirty filters reduce the indoor air quality, make your home less comfortable, and can result in serious repairs down the road.
- Disposable filters should be replaced monthly to help prevent issues with your air conditioning.
- Air conditioner systems are sealed and should never leak refrigerant.
- If it does leak, bad things can happen such as
- The coil may freeze.
- The air conditioner efficiency falls and electricity use rises.
- The compressor could become damaged.
- If you suspect a leak, call Action Air to schedule an appointment for a technician to take a look.
Switch Turned Off
- Some heating and cooling systems have a wall switch at the indoor unit for safety and convenience that can be confused with a light switch.
- If this is accidentally turned off, your A/C will not start.
- Check the switch before calling us.
- Some thermostats must be switched between heating mode and cooling mode.
- Try switching it over before panicking and calling Action Air.
- The evaporator coil inside your home and the condenser coil on the outside of your home can become dirty.
- These need to be cleaned regularly for high efficiency.
- The duct system is tasked with delivering cool air to the occupied areas of your home.
- Duct leakage is one of the leading causes of inefficient air conditioning operation and home comfort problems.
- One of our knowledgeable technicians can check your ducts for leaks to determine if that’s causing the issues with your air conditioning system.
Action Air is here to help prevent any issues this spring so schedule your spring tune-up now!
Action Air has been providing heating, cooling, sales, and service since 1979. We have certified service technicians, qualified installers, and a knowledgeable sales staff. We can help you with your heating and cooling needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When you need action, call Action Air (931) 647-8525.