Did you know that your HVAC system accounts for more than half of your total energy bill? Here are some simple ways to help keep a lid on your bill payments.
Change your air filters
- Surveys say that most people do NOT change their air filters regularly.
- Replacing or cleaning your air filters every 30 days can save you up to 15% on your monthly bill.
- Depending on your filters, some can even be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner or rinsed and air dried.
- There are several types of filters.
Keep your HVAC unit maintained
- You should have your unit checked twice a year by a professional technician.
- Action Air offers twice-yearly maintenance schedules.
Schedule your thermostat
- You will save a lot of money on your bill by scheduling your thermostat.
- Set your thermostat 7 to 10 degrees above normal setting when leaving for work and especially when you go on vacation.
Check your SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio)
- Your SEER ratio should be located on the outside of your unit.
- This measures the AC and heat pump efficiency on your HVAC system.
- Most units are between 13 – 21.
- The higher the SEER number the more you save on your energy bill each year.
Other factors that will help you save on your energy bill include:
- Upgrading windows in your home.
- Use ceiling fans to help send heat and cooling air to the people in the room.
- Upgrade your light bulbs to LEDs which use less energy.
- You can also add a motion sensor to turn lights off automatically when no one is in the room.
- Check your doors and windows for good seals that prevent drafts and also check your attic insulation.
Check with Action Air about other ways to help save you money.
Action Air has provided heating, cooling, sales, and service since 1979. We have certified, NON-COMMISSIONED service technicians, qualified installers, and a knowledgeable sales staff. We can help you with your heating and cooling needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When you need action, call Action Air (931) 647-8525.