Action Air understands that pets are part of our families, however, they may be causing issues with your HVAC. Here are some tips for keeping your pet and home healthy.
Change the filters
- HEPA filters are the most effective way to fight off pet hair and dander.
- You should change your air filter every 30-60 days.
Clean the ducts
- Inspect your ducts for pet hair, dust, and debris.
- Pet dander is tiny particles of skin that animals with fur shed. Dander will find a way to get into the air ducts which then get stirred up and recirculated through the home every time the HVAC system is turned on.
Clean your carpets
- Your carpets are filled with different allergens such as pet hair and dust as well as dirt from outside.
- If your home has poor IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) it will have a negative impact on your family’s health. Symptoms of highly polluted indoor air include:
- Dryness of eyes, nose, and throat
- Flu-like symptoms
- These effects are minimized by maintaining a clean home, especially the carpet.
- If it’s time to get a new vacuum cleaner, Action Air suggests buying one with HEPA filtration.
Groom your pet
- When your pet is clean and their fur is trimmed, your home and indoor air stay cleaner.
- Less shedding means less fur in the filter and ducts.
Keep the outdoor unit clean
- Make sure your pets don’t damage your outdoor units.
- If your pet claws at and “marks” the unit, it can lead to damaging corrosion over time.
- Avoid damage by investing in a small enclosure for the unit that doesn’t block airflow, but will keep pets and other outside animals away.
Call Action Air to schedule a professional check-up of your unit today.
When it comes to any of your air conditioning or heating needs the choice is simple. Shop locally and remember family-owned Action Air.
Action Air has been providing heating, cooling, sales, and service since 1979. We have certified service technicians, qualified installers, and a knowledgeable sales staff. We can help you with your heating and cooling needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When you need action, call Action Air (931) 647-8525.