Action Air suggests you act now to determine whether or not your HVAC system is working properly this holiday season
Whether it’s investing in a completely new system or making a few tweaks to your old one, you could be well on your way to an efficient winter. Action Air has some HVAC tips that will help you go into the holiday season feeling confident about your system.
Change your air filters
- It’s recommended that you change your air filter roughly every 1-3 months depending on how dirty it is.
- Air filters catch all of the dirt and debris from the air.
- When the filter is doing its job correctly, it will eventually become overwhelmed by that debris that blocks the airflow which causes your HVAC system to work harder.
- Not regularly changing your air filters could cause bigger issues later on due to the stress of your system working overtime.
- Dirty air filters can also cause problems for the air quality in your home.
- The chances increase for dust, mold, and pet dander to be recycled through the filter and back into the air you breathe.
- Action Air can help you determine the right filter for your HVAC system and your home’s environment.
Check your ducts for leaks
- Your HVAC system pushes air through the ducts.
- A leak or crack in your ductwork will allow air to seep out before it reaches the proper destination.
- Your system will try to make up for this deficiency by working overtime and causing premature breakdown.
Schedule Preventative Maintenance
- Just like your car, your HVAC system needs routine maintenance which can help keep your system running smoothly and more efficiently longer.
- An HVAC professional, like Action Air, can do an assessment of your system’s efficiency before the holiday season to ensure everything is running properly.
- Ask an Action Air technician about scheduling preventive maintenance for your system before the winter.
If you’re experiencing any of these problems, call Action Air to schedule a professional check-up of your HVAC unit today.
When it comes to any of your air conditioning or heating needs the choice is simple. Shop locally and remember family-owned Action Air.
Action Air has been providing heating, cooling, sales, and service since 1979. We have certified service technicians, qualified installers, and knowledgeable sales staff. We can help you with your heating and cooling needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When you need action, call Action Air (931) 647-8525.