Action Air suggests some things you can do to get ready for Fall.
Even Starbucks has started its “Pumpkin Spice Lattes” in anticipation of fall’s brisk weather. But what about you? Is your home ready for the chilly weather approaching?
Here are a few practical tips:
- Check your windows and doors for cracks and leaks.
- Inspect your roof and clean your gutters
- Trim those trees and bushes that have grown over the summer.
- Check the insulation in your attic.
- Be ready for power outages. Flashlights, batteries, candles?
- Test your home safety devices. When was the last time you changed the batteries in your smoke detector or carbon monoxide device?
- Stock up on firewood (if you have a fireplace).
- If you do have a fireplace, check the creosote buildup and have it professionally cleaned!
- Replace furnace filters
- Drain your garden hose so they don’t freeze and burst.
But the most important tip is to make sure your HVAC is winterized. You don’t want to be caught out in the cold that first night you need to turn the heat on. Call Action Air and ask about our Heating Season Maintenance Services.
We have a lot of solutions for improving the comfort of your home, whether in the summer or winter. Give Action Air a call today to schedule an appointment. Action Air has provided the Clarksville area with heating, cooling, sales, and service since 1979. We have certified service technicians, qualified installers and knowledgeable sales staff. When You Need Action, Call Action Air!