If you’re noticing creepy crawlers in your house, and not the Halloween type, Action Air provides some tips on how you can protect your home and how to help keep these critters out.
Pests can cause problems
- Mice and rats can actually cause a lot of damage to your HVAC system.
- They use duct material to build nests and can sometimes chew through refrigerant lines and other components.
- They can also spread disease through feces, urine, or saliva.
- Cockroaches can get just about anywhere, including your ductwork.
- They carry disease and can cause allergic reactions or trigger asthma symptoms.
- Spiders can easily get into your ductwork and vents.
- Although they don’t really hurt anything, you surely don’t want them in your ductwork or crawling into your home.
- Colder weather causes snakes to seek warmer spaces and that might be your ductwork.
- Besides being creepy, they can wreak havoc on your HVAC by getting caught up in fan blades and other parts of your unit.
- Install mesh screens over outside vents.
- Seal your ductwork
- If you have cracks or loose seals in your ductwork, make sure these are sealed with foil tape.
- Regular cleaning clears your ducts of dirt and lint build-up which pests use to make nests with.
- Consider pet repellent
- Pet repellent contains scents that are unattractive to animals but are safer than chemical pest treatments because they are natural.
- Spray the repellent around your condenser and its surroundings.
- Regular Maintenance
- Scheduling Action Air for regular maintenance on your HVAC can keep everything clean, pest-free, and in top running condition.
Schedule preventative maintenance with Action Air today.
We’ve been providing heating, cooling, sales, and service since 1979. We have certified service technicians, qualified installers, and knowledgeable sales staff.
And as always, when you need action, call Action Air (931) 647-8525.