Action Air wants you to know about the many benefits of a whole house humidifiers.
What is a whole house humidifier?
- A humidifier injects controlled humidity into your home.
- There are two types of whole house humidifiers:
- *Portable, free-standing or
Why do you need a humidifier?
- During the winter months, the air in your home can become uncomfortably dry.
- The dry air in your home causes dry skin, chapped lips, irritates allergies, and is just uncomfortable.
- It can even cause creaking floors and damage to wood floors, plaster, paint, and furniture.
- They are great for nurseries.
- And they help tropical houseplants thrive.
Advantages of whole house humidifiers
- The biggest benefit of either portable or HVAC whole house humidifiers is that they automatically control indoor humidity and keep it at a comfortable level.
- Low maintenance
- For HVAC ducted humidifiers, just change the filter once a year.
- For portable humidifiers, clean every two weeks.
- According to the Mayo Clinic, humified indoor air has proven health benefits.
- Humidified air reduces sore throats, dry skin, chapped lips, and sinus irritations.
- Cool-mist humidifiers also help ease symptoms of a cold or other respiratory conditions.
- Find out more information about air quality from the EPA.
- Portable style whole house humidifiers can be put in a living room or hallway.
- They can put out 3 – 7 gallons of moisture into your home each day.
- You have to refill the water tank periodically.
- These are placed into your ductwork.
- They can produce 10 to 30 gallons of moisture per day.
- Action Air recommends Honeywell humidifiers and can install one in your home.
Action Air has provided heating, cooling, sales, and service since 1979. We have certified, NON-COMMISSIONED service technicians, qualified installers, and a knowledgeable sales staff. We can help you with your heating and cooling needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When you need action, call Action Air (931) 647-8525.