At Action Air, our technicians are non-commissioned, meaning they won’t try to sell you something you don’t actually need and they are always looking out for what’s best for you and your budget.
Action Air explains the benefits of using a company with non-commissioned technicians for your HVAC needs.
- Some HVAC companies pay their technicians by commission, which means they get 10-12% commission on whatever they can sell you.
- HVAC companies can have a quota their technicians have to meet or they may lose their jobs.
- This type of payment can lead to dishonesty or motivate techs to convince a customer they need an expensive repair when they really don’t.
- Having routine maintenance on your HVAC system is a very important step in the long-term life of your HVAC equipment.
- Unfortunately, commissioned technicians or salespeople use these routine calls to take advantage of unsuspecting customers.
Bait & Switch
- If you hear about an HVAC company offering low-cost tune-ups, start asking questions.
- If they use commissioned service technicians, you can be confident that you’re in for bait & switch, and you’ll be facing hardball sales tactics touting “solutions” you don’t really need.
- At Action Air, all of our prices are listed on our website and all of our techs are non-commissioned, meaning they won’t try and take advantage of you on a service or routine call.
CBC News Sting Operation
- CBC News recently rigged a house with a simple broken wire on an HVAC system and sent 6 different commissioned technicians to the house.
- Each of the 6 repairmen tried to swindle the poor lady out of hundreds of dollars in phony repairs.
If you’re unsure if an HVAC company is being honest about what needs to be done to repair your system, call Action Air. We’re happy to send a technician out to give you a second opinion.
Action Air has been providing heating, cooling, sales, and service since 1979. We have certified, NON-COMMISSIONED, service technicians, qualified installers, and a knowledgeable sales staff. We can help you with your heating and cooling needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When you need action, call Action Air (931) 647-8525.